Recipe: Cabbage Roll Chicken Enchiladas
Cabbage Roll Chicken Enchiladas
Recipe By: Joy Howard “This 5-ingredient dinner recipe uses two genius hacks to make dinner healthy and get it on the table in under an hour. First, swap in cabbage leaves for tortillas to cut the carbs and get an extra serving of vegetables. Second, use prepared ingredients—spicy refried beans and enchilada sauce—to add tons of flavor without a long ingredient list.”
- 12 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 2½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can spicy refried beans
- 1¾ cups shredded cheese, such as Monterey Jack, Cheddar or Colby-Jack, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, refried beans and ¾ cup cheese in a medium bowl. Coat the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a few tablespoons enchilada sauce. Fill each cabbage leaf with about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture and roll into an enchilada. Place, seam-side down, in the baking dish (they will be snug). Drizzle with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition information Serving size: 2 enchiladas
- Per serving: 347 calories; 21 g fat(11 g sat); 5 g fiber; 18 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 43 mcg folate; 84 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,350 IU vitamin A; 19 mg vitamin C; 302 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 759 mg sodium; 238 mg potassium
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 EatingWell.com Printed From EatingWell.com 12/31/2018