Healthy Living October 3rd 2019
Avera Medical Group Worthington Dietitian Darlene Dewitt talks about National Chili Month and Turkey Chili Recipe.
- 1 pound 93% ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, no salt added
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, no salt added
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker; stir in beans and remaining ingredients. Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 hours or at LOW 5 to 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250, Total Fat: 6 g, Saturated fat: 1.8 g,
Cholesterol: 53 mg, Sodium: 500 mg, Carbohydrate: 27 g, Fiber: 9.4 g, Protein: 21 g